Liz, do not forget that the 'lower' flat ~10% means 1000 times the wealth
of the average family,
 the lately surpassed ~20% *2000 times of the AVERAGE possession of US
FAMILIES*.
(Example: a specialty worker with ~$50.000 pay owns a house and chattel -
say $60-70.000
total value and a retirement nest egg ~30,000. In the TOTAL average that
counts for 0,3 -0.4
part (calculate the 'total' at an average wealth figure of $3-400,000 -
accordingly the 0.1%
owns $6-800 million. That is criminally stingy. The 0.1% is an order of
magnitude higher.
Which triggers the following dilemma:

Speaking of averages: does anybody have a guess whether that 0.1% is
INCLUDED into the
overall average, or is it only calculated above it? Furthermore: how does
it compare to the
combined(?) wealth(??) of the payroll-earning working class? Does it come
up to a difference
in the million range? Now  * T H AT*  is inequality.