On 4/19/2015 4:42 PM, John Clark wrote:
On Sun, Apr 19, 2015  LizR <lizj...@gmail.com <mailto:lizj...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    > I think environmentalists tailor their message to their target audience,
and to what they
    consider is achievable.

I don't think achieveability or truth or logic has anything to do with it. I think environmentalists tailor their message to scare their target audience as much as possible, because without fear they would not have a job.

You mean messages like, "Environmentalist just want to take your freedom. Global warming is a hoax that costs $1.75 trillion a year. Putting catalytic converters on cars will destroy the auto industry. Taking sulfur out of diesel fuel will destroy jobs. "

That's why you will never EVER hear a environmentalist say that a environmental problem, any environment problem, is less serious than previously thought.

Environmentalist proudly point to far cleaner air in Southern California than in the 1960's. They cite restriction on CFC's which have restored upper atmosphere ozone. Acidic rain is no longer eroding statues in the eastern U.S. because of cap-and-trade passed in the '90s. In 1952 London smog killed 12,000 people - doesn't happen anymore. In the '50s clothes hung out to dry in Pittsburgh would have a black line of soot where they draped over the line.

Never. It's always ALWAYS far more serious, and in fact things are so bad its just on the verge of hopeless. But maybe just maybe you still might achieve salvation but only if you do exactly what the environmentalist tells you to do. And you've got to do it right now or it will be too late.

The only thing never abates are the lies of the Luddites, exploiters, and libertarian fear mongers.