On Tue, Apr 21, 2015  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015  Bruce Kellett <bhkell...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>>>  We are entering the realm of the Humpty-Dumpty dictionary -- words no
>> longer have their ordinary, everyday meaning.
>>

>> Yes. According to Bruno the words "atheist" and "Christian" mean almost
>> the same thing with atheism being just a very minor variation of
>> Christianity.
>

> > They have the same notion of the creator, and the same notion of
> creation. And they have the same belief in creation.

Yep Bruce was correct, we are entering the realm of the Humpty-Dumpty
dictionary.

 > Only fundamentalist aristotelians have a problem with Plato's notion of
> God

And according to your Humpty-Dumpty dictionary a fundamentalist
aristotelian is somebody who thinks that Aristotle was by far the WORST
physicist who ever lived and even in the field of philosophy was vastly
overrated, just like all Greek philosophers

>> And the word "God" means a unintelligent non-conscious amorphous
>> impersonal blob
>

> > You attribute me things that I have never said.

OK you can clear this up right now right here by answering just one
question: By the English word "God" do you mean a intelligent conscious
being who created the universe and knows everything including what our
prayers are or do you not? I think this question is very clear and does not
require a paragraph of bafflegab to answer, a simple yes or no will do.

> > Is God a blob or an intelligent person? Open problem with
> computationalism.

No this has nothing to do with computationalism or mathematics or logic or
science or even theology, this has to do with the meaning of a English word
and nothing more. I already know what most people on this planet mean by
the word "God" but I don't know what you mean, so all I need you to do is
look up the word "God" in your Humpty-Dumpty dictionary and tell me what it
says; I'd do it myself but I seem to have misplaced my copy.

 John K Clark