Follow up,

I just received this news item in my email-

The WashingtonPost......  NEWS FLASH........ The Arctic Ocean is warming up.

The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some
placesthe seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the
CommerceDepartment yesterday from Consulafft, at Bergen, Norway.

Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radicalchange
in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arcticzone.
Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as farnorth
as 81 degrees 29 minutes. Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed thegulf
stream still very warm.

Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones,
thereport continued, while at many points well known glaciers have
entirelydisappeared.

Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while
vastshoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north,
arebeing encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.

Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise
andmake most coastal cities uninhabitable.

I must apologize, I neglected to mention that this report was fromNovember 2,
1922, as reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post -93 years ago.