On Wed, Jun 10, 2015  spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 > Yes, but there have been so much counter examples for the 1997 WMAP
> analysis that Tipler may end up correct.

I don't know what you're talking about. In his 1993 book Tipler made a
number of predictions and said that if even one of those predictions was
wrong his entire theory could not work; and Tipler's predictions turned out
to be wrong, some spectacularly wrong. Tipler predicted the expansion of
the universe would slow down, then it would stop, then it would change
direction and collapse in on itself; from the heat of that imploding
fireball he thought a hyper-advanced civilization could theoretically
extract an infinite amount of energy. But we now know that due to Dark
Energy (which he did NOT predict) the expansion of the cosmos is
accelerating not decelerating so that fireball will never happen.

Tipler also predicted that the Higgs boson must be at 220GEV +- 20  but we
now know it is 125.3GEV +- .5.    And Tipler predicted that the Hubble
constant must be less than or equal to 45, but we now know it's  67.8 +-
.77 .  It's clear we don't live in the sort of universe that Tipler thought
we did. More than one of his predictions was wrong so if we take Tipler at
his word then his theory must be wrong too.

Tipler