On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 , spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> ​> ​
> It seems, at this point, that the time for uploading is far, far, away. It
> could emerge out of neuroscience research, and all that, but it doesn't
> feel like there is anything reliable at this point.

​Yes but exponential ​processes can do funny things, a week before
uploading becomes possible it will still seem to be a very long way away,
and the era where it's possible but very difficult and expensive will only
last for about 15 minutes.  And if Cryonics works (a big if I admit) then
it doesn't matter if it happens a week after your death or a thousand years
after, all the time you spent bathing in liquid nitrogen will seem
instantaneous to you.

  John K Clark