From: Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Fri, Apr 29, 2016 8:19 am
Subject: Re: R: Re: R: Re: Non-locality and MWI

 Da: spudboy100 via Everything List <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
 Data: 28/04/2016 21.46
 A: <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
 Ogg: Re: R: Re: Non-locality and MWI

 Is there any practical technical use for MWI as applied science. Just asking?

Dunno. Quantum computers?

Maybe there is a Many Interpretations Conjecture :-)

Interpretations of quantum mechanics, unlike Gods, are not jealous, and thus it
is safe to
believe in more than one at the same time.

Well, only because we tolerate non-sense in religion. I am not sure we can do
that for a long time.

So if the many-worlds interpretation makes it
easier to think about the research you're doing in April, and the Copenhagen
interpretation makes it easier to think about the research you're doing in
June, the
Copenhagen interpretation is not going to smite you for praying to the
many-worlds
interpretation. At least I hope it won't, because otherwise I'm in big trouble.
---Peter Shor

Same with religion. We need only to have, relatively to the facts, consistent
views, with ourselves, and eventually with each others.

I believe in every interpretation of quantum mechanics to the extent it points
out
the problem, and disbelieve in every interpretation to the extent it claims to
have solved it.

Good! I believe the same for the religions.

Bruno

--Scott Aaronson