Bruno,

I would say that Carroll believes that matter exists. He looks suspicious of ideal mathematical objects existing in Platonia, even though there is no explicit discussion about this in his book.

Hence, it looks like normal physicalism. Well, Carroll refers to his theology as poetic naturalism.

https://www.preposterousuniverse.com/poetic-naturalism/

The difference, in my view, is not that big though.

Evgeny