On Sat, Jun 3, 2017  Russell Standish <li...@hpcoders.com.au> wrote:

​> ​
> Random oracle computers appear to be faster for some problems in a
> similar way, but don't compute anything a Turing machine can't do.
> ​[...]  ​
> the set of problems that can be solved is identical

​
That's because as far as we know a Turing Machine can solve any problem
that has a solution
​;​
 it can't solve the the halting problem because that problem has no solution
​
just as it
​
can't
​
find the largest prime number
​
because that number doesn't exist
​.
So the question to ask isn't which
​
type of mind
​
can solve
​
the larger set of problems but if it can solve the problem in polynomial
time or
​
needs
​
exponential time.

​> ​
> Random oracle computers appear to be faster for some problems in a
> similar way, but don't compute anything a Turing machine can't do.

​Anything that can be done a Turing Machine can do, if it can't be done
then a Turing Machine can't do it, and neither can anything else.​

 John K Clark