On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 11:09 AM, Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com>
wrote:

​> ​
> Right, but can these constants be seen as information that can be
> ​ ​
> copied? I am not a physicist so my intuition for such matters is
> ​ ​
> limited.

As far as we know there is nothing special about those constants and
​so they ​
can be treated as information no different from any other
​type of ​
information, and that's the problem
​,​
they can't be derived but
​ ​
must be discovered experimentally, and yet they
​ ​
determined the very nature of our universe. If they can't be derived
​ ​
from first principles
​ ​
where did those numbers come from? Smolin says they
​evolved;
 some numbers produced more Black Holes than others and thus
​produced ​
more offspring universes than others
​ ​
and they are the ones that predominate
​ ​
in the multiverse. Fortunately for us universes that are good at producing
Black Holes also
​happen to ​
have conditions favorable for life.

 A important question is
​,​
can information of any sort
​actually ​
cross the event horizon of a Black Hole
​?​
Smolin thinks it can but some thin
​k​
information is deposited on the 2D surface of the event horizon and never
enters the interior of the Black Hole. We probably won't know who's right
until we have a quantum theory of gravity.

​ John K Clark​