On 11/08/2017 9:45 am, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

"What will I see tomorrow?" is meaningful and does not contain any false propositions. Humans who are fully aware that there will be multiple copies understand the question and can use it consistently, and as I have tried to demonstrate even animals have an instinctive understanding of it. Probabilities can be consistently calculated using the assumption that I will experience being one and only one of the multiple future copies, and these probabilities can be used to plan for the future and to run successful business ventures. If you still insist it is gibberish that calls into question your usage of the word "gibberish ".

Not everyone will be successful in this scenario. No matter how mane duplications cycles are gone through, there will always be one individual at the end who has not received any reward at all (he has never seen Washington :-)). This is the problem of "monster sequences" that is so troublesome for understanding probability in Everett QM.

Bruce