From: 'scerir' via Everything List <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Aug 13, 2017 3:30 am
Subject: R: Re: A profound lack of profundity

First person, second person, and third person are basically grammatical
categories: first person, I/we, second person, you/you, third person, him/them.
The third independent person plays a central role in the interpretation of
perceptual evidence in terms of reliable conceptual models of the world. What
do you think 3p means?

 Bruce

BTW, Shan Gao just published this paper
https://www.academia.
edu/34156349/Failure_of_psychophysical_supervenience_in_Everetts_theory
'Failure of psychophysical superveniencein Everett’s theory'
(abstract) Psychophysical supervenience requires that the mental propertiesof
a system cannot change without the change of its physical properties.For a
system with many minds, the principle requires that the men-tal properties of
each mind of the system cannot change without thechange of the physical
properties of the system. In this paper, I arguethat Everett’s theory seems to
violate this principle of psychophysicalsupervenience. The violation results
from the three key assumptionsof the theory: (1) the completeness of the
physical description by thewave function, (2) the linearity of the dynamics for
the wave func-tion, and (3) multiplicity. For a post-measurement state with
twodecoherent result branches, multiplicity means that each result
branchcorresponds to a mindful observer, whose mental properties superveneon
the branch, and in particular, whose mental content contains a def-inite record
corresponding to the result branch. Under certain unitaryevolution which swaps
the two result branches, the post-measurementstate does not change, and the
completeness of the physical descriptionby the wave function then means that
the physical state of the com-posite system does not change. While the
linearity of the dynamicsfor the wave function requires that each result branch
changes, andcorrespondingly the mental properties of the observer which
superveneon the branch also change. Thus the principle of psychophysical su-
pervenience as defined above is violated by Everett’s theory.

I did not read it but, maybe, it is about "identity" and "x-person"