Hi Jennifer,

On 06 Sep 2017, at 04:46, Jennifer Nielsen wrote:

If something exists in relation to something else, with one thing having a stronger quality of some sort than the other, a ratio exists, and therefore quantity.

Therefore quantity comes into being at the same time as relative quality. So the question now becomes whether one believes in quanta or qualia. If one trusts awareness/perception as a primary way of knowing, quanta and qualia arise together.

OK. But the whole problem is there. With the "dream argument", or even better with Mechanism, we just cannot trust awareness/perception as a primary way of knowing. In fact, perception involves billions of "amoeba" chatting on the internal neuro-net called "brain", and nothing there is primary. We can always hallucinate.

Anticipating on further explanations, the qualia comes (logically) first, and quanta will appear as special sort of sharable qualia. The physical reality will appear as a special sort of first person plural "video game", winning a battle for sustaining your experience.

I don't claim that Digital Mechanism is true, but this makes it testable and up to now, it fits the observation, thanks to QM (without collapse).

Bruno

From: Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be>
To: VINOD KUMAR SEHGAL <vinodsehgal1...@gmail.com>;
online_sadhu_sa...@googlegroups.com
Cc: Ram Lakhan Pandey Vimal <rlpvi...@yahoo.co.in>; "Vasavada, Kashyap V" <vasav...@iupui.edu>; Asingh2384 <asingh2...@aol.com>; georgew...@aol.com ; Joseph McCard <joseph.e.mcc...@gmail.com>; Paul Werbos <paul.wer...@gmail.com >; BVKSastry(Gmail) <sastry....@gmail.com>; sisir roy <sisir.sisir...@gmail.com >; Stanley A. KLEIN <skl...@berkeley.edu>; Vivekanand Pandey Vimal <vvimald...@gmail.com >; "'Chris de Morsella <cdemorse...@yahoo.com>' via Everything List" <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 5, 2017 3:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Sadhu Sanga] what is real -- the Einsteinian view

Dear Vinod,

On 05 Sep 2017, at 14:41, VINOD KUMAR SEHGAL wrote:

Dear Vinod,

Thank you for your attempt to understand what I try to explain. Let us indeed try to find where we might disagree. I think we disagree simply on our assumptions. You assume primary stuff.
 I assume elementary number relations.

But above is a great difference.

I think I see where we disagree.