On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 8:35:50 AM UTC, agrays...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 2:03:07 AM UTC, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On 12/12/2017 12:29 pm, agrays...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 1:25:11 AM UTC, Bruce wrote:

>>> Why no inference? Is it because the coin isn't an isolated system, which
>>> IIUC is a necessary condition for interference? AG
>>>

>>> It is not a coherent superposition. Do an experiment and see if there is
>>> interference. Is Schrödinger's cat dear or alive?
>>>
>>> Bruce
>>>

>> What are the necessary conditions for interference?
>>

>> Coherent superposition.
>>
>> For the cat, I have no clue how to do that experiment. Do you? AG
>>

>> No. Nor for the coin toss.
>>
>> Bruce
>>

> If a system is in a coherent superposition, which means interference
> exists, and smitra claims the coin is in a superposition of, presumably,
> heads and tails, doesn't he have the obligation to indicate what the
> probability distribution will look like, or how to do an experiment to show
> it? AG

As you suggested, superposition for the coin is similar to superposition
for the cat. However, in the latter case, it is assumed that the cat
inherits its superposition from the radioactive source. What is the
superposition and more important the interference for the radioactive
source, which like the coin and cat has a binary outcome? AG