On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 6:20:16 PM UTC-7, agrays...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 6:05:39 PM UTC-7, Lawrence Crowell wrote:
>>
>> On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 12:23:47 PM UTC-6, agrays...@gmail.com
>> wrote:

>>> You're a prick. AG
>>>

>> Alan --- in case you have not gotten a sense of things, talking about
>> UFOs and grey aliens is just stoner talk. Curiously I see these things as
>> forming the narratives for what might be emerging as the new religions. I
>> think comic book superheros are serving this as well. These things are
>> filling in the role of gods or superbeing, where traditional monotheism is
>> disintegrating. We seem to be seeing the emergence of  pseudoscientific
>> polytheistic semi-belief systems. L Ron Hubbard had sort of the right idea
>> along these lines. However, none of that stuff has any scientific merit.
>>

> *The flaw in your reasoning is that the aliens alleged to have been
> observed at Roswell, and in other contexts btw, do NOT in any way resemble
> the gods of religious enthusiasts. Neither am I asserting anything like
> that. All I am claiming is that the 6 witnesses in the video I posted seem
> credible. If so, aliens have been contacted. AG *

*IMO, FWIW, using religious fanatics to explain away possible alien
sightings is nothing but a strawman argument. If you viewed the vaseideo
and honestly evaluated their observations as specious based on reasonable
arguments, that would be a different matter. But what you're really doing
is pre-judging based on bias. AG *