A robot could do the actual measurement and the output might not have to be
read by a conscious entity. Whether there is some conscious reckoning of
these outcomes is not clear. It seems to me the most reasonable role of a
conscious entity is in raising the question that requires these tests.
There is some curious relationship I think between Bayesian update and
ergodic nature of sampling. If all of this is real it seems implausible the
observed universe is reified this way with only one IGUS in the universe
with data that is likely to have errors.

To be honest I have no idea whether this is or is not the case. It does
though gives some food for various thoughts.

LC