On Wednesday, February 7, 2018 at 1:39:43 PM UTC-6, Samiya wrote:

> A reset event seems a necessity at the rate we are trashing the Earth!
> Scripture has something to say about it as well. This might be of
> interest: Smoke from the Sky
> <http://signsandscience.blogspot.com/2018/01/smoke-from-sky.html>

It is interesting how these things play out. The Christian Bible has ideas
of Jesus coming to rescue the believers while the unbelievers face doom. We
now see with this sort of techno-salvation schemes as well. To be honest I
seriously doubt there is some cosmic Santa Claus, whether that goes by the
name of YHWH, Jesus, Allah or whatever, that is going to come down to save
His chosen few. The techno-salvation schemes at least have some idea of
actually doing something, but they are too little too late.

God is really a supernatural form of George Orwell's Big Brother in his
treatise on the social-psychology of authoritarian power written in
fictional form; *1984*.  Big Brother is watching you, and by extension God
(Allah, Jesus etc as well) by virtue of omniscient power knows everything
you do and even what you think. This is as Orwell coined, *Thoughtcrime*.
Sin is basically a supernatural form of thoughtcrimem and the idea of
continual repentance is Orwell "Crimesop." With a supernatural Big Brother
you have to get people to psychologically internalize this idea, and this
was done long ago when people were in the early iron age, illiterate and
highly credulous. Now these schemes continue and the elites who rise to the
top of the ecclesiastical system have great power.

There are four big systems for controlling complex societies that I call
statecraft, warcraft, priestcraft and tradecraft. These of course are
governance by geopolitical entity of the state, control by military, police
and other security, religious power, and economic control  Generally these
have all been the governing system, with of course variations in ideology
and beliefs. In addition they are all giant scams foisted on stupid people
by various hustlers and sociopaths eager to get their words in your brain
and by extension their hands on your money, time and life. As a result 90%
of everything that has occurred in history has been various forms of fraud,
thuggery and generally in a sense organized criminality.

Religion has been fantastic at this. In particular Christianity and Islam
are the biggest flim-flams and cons ever foisted in all of history. They
also lasted a very long time! They are though disintegrating, where
Christianity is 2 to 3 centuries into its decay and Islam since the 20th
century has been similarly afflicted. The current Islamic upheaval is in
many ways a response to this. By comparison nation states generally last at
most 500 years, 1000 years in a few cases such as England, economic systems
change every century or so and corporations generally last at most 50-100
years, and military rule is usually even shorter lived. But now a thing,
and as I almost misspelled it a THINK, called science emerged and people
have come to realize that as Gershwin put it, "It ain't necessarily so."

The rise of interest in superheros, UFOs, ancient alien astronauts and
other things like Pokeman and Yugio seem to point to the next sort of
mythic narratives of the future. If you have been to Japan you can see
everywhere in Toyko how Manga, Pokeman-esque stuff is everywhere, and it
has made inroads elsewhere. Comic books have become huge where superheros
are starting to become a bit like Greek or Norse gods. Monotheism appears
to be entering its decline and fall.

LC