Also,

>> The strong AI thesis is that such machine would be conscious
>
>
> Where is the world did you get that idea? The term "strong AI thesis" was
> invented by working scientists

AFAIK, the term "Strong AI" was introduced by John Searle, a Professor
of Philosophy.

I am not sure what "working scientists" are, or what is their
difference in relation to "non-working scientists", but I do suspect
that Searle is not what John had in mind.

> and they have no use for the C word because
> there  is nothing a scientists can do with consciousness, scientists can only 
> work
> with behavior.

Good boys.

Telmo.

> The strong AI thesis
> says a computer can perceive, learn,
>  do
>  mathematics
>
> and behave in a
> intelligent
> way that is (sometimes) consistent just as humans do.
>
>
>
> Apology for discovering some late mail. You are just incorrect here. “Strong
> AI” thesis is a thesis in philosophy of mind. The “strong” refers to
> consciousness.
>
>
>
>
> http://planetmath.org/strongaithesis
>
>>
>> >
>> computationalism is the even stronger assumption that "I am machine" and
>> that I would survive
>> in the clinical usual mundane 1p sense
>
>
> And in their work real AI scientists don't use personal pronouns with no
> clear referent, nor silly homemade terminology.
>
>
>
>
> <sigh>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>>
>> >
>> no digital machine can ever determine which machines she is, nor which
>> computations support her in arithmetic.
>
>
> I have no idea what that means and I don't care, I just want to know one
> thing, can you do better? Do you know "
> which machines
> you are
> ,
> or
>  which computations support
> you
>  in arithmetic
> “?
>
>
>
> Of course not. The “many-histories" of QM without collapse confirms this.
> The reason the electron interfere with itself is that you did not look where
> it pass, and so you mind state is realised in the two histories at once. The
> mathematical “first person indeterminacy”---where the pronouns get the eight
> “Theaetical” nuances enforced by incompleteness, btw— is based on this: we
> don’t know our own boxes “[]”, but we can trust, or not, our doctor.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>> I am a machine, in the strong computationalist sense, entails that neither
>> the physical reality,nor the bio-psycho-theo-logical
> reality can be 100% computable.
>
>
> Make up your mind! First you say
> "
> Actually, computationalism  implies it" then you say it doesn’t.
>
>
> “I” am a machine entails, for long reason to explain and which includes some
> familiarity with step 3, and mathematical logic, that everything which is
> not me is not a machine. To can get the gist if you can go from step 3 to
> step 7. The quantum emerges already at that intuitive level, once you
> understand that you cannot attach "your apparent computation” to which one
> in the arithmetical reality.
>
> The idea that the universe is a machine is inconsistent. If the universe is
> a machine, then I am a machine (not obvious, note), but if I am a machine,
> the universe is not a machine (by UDA), so the universe is a machine entails
> that the universe is not a machine, making the idea that the universe is a
> machine inconsistent no matter what. (The universe, or god, or call it how
> you want).
>
> Bruno
>
>
>
> John K Clark
>
>
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to