On 2/19/2018 3:48 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 19 Feb 2018, at 00:12, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com <mailto:johnkcl...@gmail.com>> wrote:

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 1:43 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be <mailto:marc...@ulb.ac.be>>wrote:

            ​>>​
            mind does not come out of the brain

        ​>> ​
        Then why does changing the brain change the mind

    ​> ​
    Because the (conscious) mind comes from the relation between the
    brain and truth

​OK, but then how do you figure
mind does not come out of the brain
​??​

The conscious mind does not. The brain only change the relative probability of manifestation. But of course we need the FPI for that.

This seems to me to be the matheological version of Boltzmann's brains.  If consciousness is instantiated by threads in the UD, then it seems that almost all consciousness would be independent of brains.  After all, computing the brain would take a lot more UD steps than just computing the conscious sentences.