On 2/22/2018 4:38 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
The mechanist answer to this is “yes”. The more you have neurons, the less
conscious you are.
Which is why mice are more conscious than you are and spiders are more
conscious than mice.
Indeed. I know it is counter-intuitive, but we were warned by G*: it has to be
counter-intuitive. A brain is more a filter of consciousness than a producer of
consciousness, up to some point.

What does "up to some point mean"?  Does it mean that we would gain consciousness by killing off neurons "down to some point"?  Or does it mean a rock is maximally conscious?  And then one must ask "Conscious of what?"  I think you have been seduced by your experiments with salvia.

Brent

This is not used in the derivation of physics, and is just something making the
whole theory much more smooth. It is also confirmed (actually suggested) by the
reports of the experimentation with some drugs, or of some near death
experience.
Even the belief in the induction axioms, which leads to Löbianity, seems to be
like the beginning of the delusion.