Dear John, thank you for reading my text!

> ​> ​
>> Nagarjuna’s thought is based on the idea that nothing exists
>> intrinsically. Everything exists only relationship to something else;
>

> ​
> Well, if there were only one object in the universe it would be
> meaningless to say that object had properties, and
> ​ ​
> absolute relativism could not exist because there would be nothing to
> relate to it.

A very interesting point: of course "if there were only one object in the
universe" postulates already two objects (even much more, but let's say
two: object IN the universe).
Let's say just one object: it's impossible to state it, because a thing
cant' be anything (an object) without some other related to it, being every
identity the description of a relation.

> ​> ​
>> Absolute relativism, however, as we have said at the beginning, presents
>> us with some serious problems.
>

> ​
> Very true. Einstein certainly did not believe that everything was
> relative, he insisted that the speed of light (aka the speed of causality)
> was fundamental and never changed, in fact before deciding on the word
>  "relativity" he considered calling his idea "the theory of invariance".
>
> ​> ​
>> The concept of causality can be misleading, because it always brings us
>> to consider only a small portion of the causal network in order to obtain a
>> prediction.
>

> ​And it also assumes that every event have a cause, but there is no
> logical reason why that must always be true, and indeed modern physics
> tells us it is not always true.​

I agree! Of course Einstein's was not absolute relativism.

> ​> ​
>> Does this ballerina spin right or left?
>

> ​That is a interesting example because, although Einstein didn't know it
> when he came up with his theory, it turns out that the speed of light isn't
> the only thing that is absolute;
>
> ​there is a absolute and fundamental difference between spinning lest and
> spinning right.​
>
> In 1956
> ​ ​
> Chien-Shiung Wu
> ​ ​
> cooled radioactive
> ​ ​
> cobalt-60 atoms
> ​ ​
> to near absolute zero and placed them in a strong magnetic field so that
> all the cobalt atoms were spinning in the same direction.
> ​ ​
> She found that about 60% of the gamma rays
> ​ ​
> the cobalt produced
> ​ ​
> were emitted in one direction
> ​ ​
> and
> ​ ​
> 40%
> ​ ​
> in the opposite direction. This lack of symmetry surprised almost everyone
> except for
> ​ ​
> Tsung-Dao Lee
> ​ ​
> and
> Chen-Ning Yang
> ​ who predicted it and got the Nobel Prize for doing so.​
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_experiment#The_experiment

This is very interesting, thank you for sharing!

Bests,
Francesco