On 22 April 2018 at 01:47, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 5:27 PM, Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com>
> wrote:
>

>> As Russell said, an approximation of the Löbian machine can probably be
>> derived from Bruno's post in Prolog.
>

>  Then a "Löbian machine" is just a particular Turing Machine and there is
> nothing fundamentally new about it.

If computationalism is true, then human brains are just particular
Turing Machines. Better tell neuroscientists to cease their
investigations, turns out their entire field is uninteresting. Come
on...

>> I am complaining about
>>
>> personal insults. For example, in the sentence above you insult both
>> me and Bruno without providing anything of substance.
>

> Mr.Snowflake, I'll let others decide if I am a bully or not as you claim,
> but I maintain it is a fact you can't handle scientific criticism, and it it
> is true then is a statement with substance.

I have had papers rejected and it doesn't feel good. I had to cry
myself to sleep with a bucket of ice cream. What can I say?

>> you used the classical bully technique ofmaking fun of his mode of
>> expression with "ad hominem".
>

> I think it would be fair to say nobody on this list has received more
> personal insults than I have, but I have never once used that ridiculous
> Latin phrase.

Perhaps because nobody on this mailing list has dished out as many
personal insults as you have?

>> I think you make a basic logic mistake. It is true that some brilliant
>>
>> people are assholes, but being an asshole does not make you brilliant.
>

>  Maybe I've got my Latin wrong, please explain to me again what "ad hominem"
> means.

It means to use personal attacks against the author of an argument
instead of addressing the substance of the argument. It's exactly what
you do to Bruno all the time.

Telmo.