On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 3:21 AM, Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com
> wrote:

> >>  Maybe I've got my Latin wrong, please explain to me again what "ad
>> hominem" means.
>

> > *It means to use personal attacks against the author of an argument
> instead of addressing the substance of the argument.*

Like this?

*"I think you make a basic logic mistake. It is true that some brilliant
people are assholes, but being an asshole does not make you brilliant.”*

I have never called anybody on this list an asshole, and before the era of
Donald Trump I very rarely used that word in any context even in private
conversations. It’s true I did use some colorful language in reference to
Quentin but only after he called me a liar nearly every day for the better
part of a year.

  John K Clark