> On 1 May 2018, at 18:13, 'scerir' via Everything List
> <everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>

>> Il 1 maggio 2018 alle 17.36 Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> ha scritto:
>>

>>> On 29 Apr 2018, at 08:21, 'scerir' via Everything List <
>>> everything-list@googlegroups.com <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> IMO Schroedinger invented this manyworlds or manyminds or manywords
>>> interpretation.
>>>

>> The quote below seems to indicate that this is not the case, unless you
>> agree (with me, and Deutsch, …) that QM *is* the discovery of the many
>> superposed worlds/states/minds, and that the founder added the collapse
>> postulate ONLY to avoid the proliferation of the alternate
>> worlds/states/minds.
>
> Yes, I can agree with that. But it is possible there was, in those years,
> another issue too. I mean conservation of energy. It is not possible, in
> general, to preserve conservation of energy in each universe during the
> split-decoherence, especially in case of superposition of states of different
> energy. In this special case energy increase in one universe and decrease in
> another universe.

The conservation of energy seems to me to be a classical, and mainly
statistical notion. I do not see why the many-universes would violate
thermodynamics in any branches, given that, by linearity of evolution, each
branch evolves independently of the others, and the branches can only
interfere, statistically, from the first person perspective of the observer. I
am not even sure how we could superpose two states with different energy. May
be you could explain me this.

Bruno