On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 9:13 PM John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 5:52 PM, <agrayson2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> *I'm from Missouri; SHOW ME! *
>

> I show you the double slit experiment. David Deutsch said if other worlds
> are just a interpretation of the double slit experiment then dinosaur are
> just a interpretation of dinosaur bones. I'm not sure I'd go quite as far
> as Deutsch but I see what he's driving at.

I think Deutsch's point with this statement was not that many-worlds is as
indisputable as dinosaurs, but that by calling many-worlds an
interpretation, one is getting the explanatory arrow backwards.

He says that dinosaurs are not an interpretation of fossils, but the very
thing in the theory that explains the appearance of fossils.

Likewise:

Many-worlds are not an interpretation of QM, but the very thing in the
theory that explains the appearance of collapse.

Jason