> On 30 Oct 2018, at 12:33, agrayson2...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> On Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 9:45:09 AM UTC, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>
>> On 29 Oct 2018, at 17:54, agrays...@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
>>

>> On Monday, October 29, 2018 at 4:07:41 PM UTC, John Clark wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 28, 2018 at 2:56 PM <agrays...@gmail.com <>> wrote:
>>
>>  > What's your view of Zeno's paradox which implies motion is impossible.
>>
>> Zeno thought it was obvious if you added an infinite number of nonzero
>> lengths or nonzero times together you would always get something that was
>> nfinite, and that is the foundation of his paradox; but with modern calculus
>> we know that sometimes that isn't true, and when it isn't true calculus can
>> tell you exactly what the FINITE length or finite time interval turns out to
>> be. For example, the sum, of the infinite series:
>> 1+1/4+1/9+1/16+1/25 + 1/36 + .... 1/N^2 is EXACTLY equal to (PI^2)/6.
>>
>> John K Clark
>>
>> This doesn't resolve Zeno's paradox. AG
>

> It does.
>
> I don't think you understand Zeno's paradox. Why don't you state it in your
> own words to test your knowledge?. AG

Your own presentation seems to me more like the paradox of the light bulb,
which we light on for 1 second, then off for 1/2 second, on for 1/4s, etc. Is
it light on or of after two seconds?

I use the standard formulation, and I agree with John Clark's invocation of
elementary series theory, as solving the paradox.

If you insist that Zeno want a still at each step, then it is like light bulb
paradox, where I have not yet any definite opinion, or it is like the paradox
of the guy who want both an infinitely precise picture of the arrow, and an
idea of its velocity, but when he get that infinitely precise picture, he can
only conclude that the arrow is immobile.

Bruno