agrayson2...@gmail.com

*>** So Feynman adds this additional hypothesis to QM. Is this kosher?*

It had better be kosher because it works!

*> ** introducing an infinity of universes seems extraneous and confusing
> for a solution to this problem. AG*

Far from being extraneous Feynman's method is the easiest way to make a
calculation in Quantum Electrodynamics, a calculation that would take weeks
or months using other methods can be done with pencil and paper in just a
few hours doing it Feynman's way. Feynman said the magnetic moment of an
electron can't be exactly 1 as had been previously thought, he calculated
it to be 1.00115965246, while the best experimental value that was found
much later is   1.00115965221. That's like measuring the distance between
Los Angeles and New York to the thickness of a human hair.  This is the
most accurate prediction in all of science, Feynman must have been doing
something right

*> I don't like this approach -- in fact I abhor it*

The Universe likes it, and it's likes and dislikes are far more important
than yours.

 John K Clark