Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> Wrote:

*> There is a lot of scientific theory that doesn't really mention space:
> theories in chemistry and biology for example. *

Please be specific because I can't think of a single example.

> *These have to do with change of structures (molecules, cells).*

A change with respect to what? The very word "structure" implies a
arrangement in space. Biologists say cells are different here than they are
there ( different species  occupy different habitats ) or they say cells
now are different than what they were 3  billion years ago ( life evolves
with time). If it's not a change in the structural arrangement in space or
a change in how cells behave chemically as time progresses then what in the
world do they mean when biologists say "the cell has changed"?

*> But time is interesting. It is possible to have a discrete space (the
> title subject of this topic) but a continuous time.*

Time is about change so time can't be continuous unless there is always a
physical change between any 2 instances of time regardless of how close
together they are. If space is discrete what change could occur in less
time than the time it would take the fastest thing that can exist to travel
the shortest distance that can exist??

 John K Clark