On Tuesday, January 29, 2019 at 7:29:43 AM UTC-6, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> On 29 Jan 2019, at 12:03, Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>

> This replaces space, time, particles, fields with histories.
>
> I think this is compatible with universal machines.
>

> https://codicalist.wordpress.com/2019/01/28/histories-of-phenomenally-everything-hope/
>

> That space and time, and energy, emerges from histories is compatible with
> mechanism; even necessary; with mechanism.
>
> With mechanism you need to convince the universal machine, and the only
> way too do that, is to let doing the work and discovering this by itself.
> That has been partially done, and the logic of the observable is a quantum
> logic, and should be the one that von Neumann and Birkhoff were
> searching,and which is the one defining all the relative probabilities,
> imposing a unique measure, like with Gleason theorem.
>
> A history is not a curve in some space though. A history is defined by a
> universal number U, its number local data X, and the sequence of steps
> which follows from U and X (like the phi_U,s(X), s = 0, 1, 2, …).
>
> Continua and analog situations officers from the first person
> indeterminacy on all relative computations + the structure imposed by the
> modal theology of the machine (the intensional variants of auto reference
> imposed by incompleteness).
>
> Bruno

By  "historical paths (curves or walks)", "Histories have a path
representation as a sequence" I mean sequences as having a linearly ordered
index I  [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_order ], so each element of
the history is indexed:

     (στ,φ)ᵢ   i ∈ I

(So can mean sequence as you defined it.)

- pt