> On 11 Feb 2019, at 19:47, Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 9:56:12 AM UTC-6, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>
>> On 11 Feb 2019, at 01:42, Lawrence Crowell <goldenfield...@gmail.com
>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>>
>> I do not hold to the idea of panpsychism
>
> Nor do I.
>

> Panpsychism
>
>     https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/panpsychism/
>     https://www.iep.utm.edu/panpsych/
>
> is a spectrum going from micropsychism to cosmopsychism.

I certainly believe in psychisme, but I have serious doubt on “pan”, “micro”,
“micro”, even more so if it invokes some primary stuff.

> Sometimes people say they are not panpsychist, and then when you read what
> they write you see they write like they are some type of panpsychist.

That is common in this fleld. You can find people arguing against mechanism,
and then using mechanism all the time implicitly, notably.

Now, panpsychism is just slimly better than emiminativism, but it still makes
trivial the mind-body problem, and explains neither the mind, nor matter, nor
why there is something instead of nothing, which Mechanism does.

Bruno