On 2/12/2019 5:34 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
If we could knew which machine we are, we could define consciousness, or at
least our personal current consciousness, as it would be defined by the
combinator realising us. But that is impossible, and it defines only mechanism
and the choice we might make for our substitution level.

But when we build AI's we will know which machine they are.