On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 12:15:52 PM UTC-6, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> On 14 Feb 2019, at 09:43, Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>

> On Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 10:17:57 PM UTC-6, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>

>> On 11 Feb 2019, at 19:31, Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 9:24:18 AM UTC-6, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>>

>>> On 11 Feb 2019, at 00:34, Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Two recent books:
>>>
>>> The First Minds: Caterpillars, Karyotes, and Consciousness
>>> Arthur S. Reber
>>> https://books.google.com/books/about/The_First_Minds.html?id=RBLEugEACAAJ
>>>
>>> Brain-Mind: From Neurons to Consciousness and Creativity
>>> Paul Thagard
>>> https://books.google.com/books/about/Brain_Mind.html?id=jJjHvAEACAAJ
>>>
>>> via
>>> When Did Consciousness Begin?
>>> Paul Thagard
>>>
>>> https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/hot-thought/201901/when-did-consciousness-begin
>>>

>>> I compare with the theology of the computationalist Universal Turing
>>> machine’s theology.
>>>
>>> (So I do the blasphemy some times, and it is important that keep in mind
>>> the necessary interrogation point). I have not look at the answer of
>>> others, to test this later …).
>>>
>>> Consciousness is just the “instinctive” or “automated”
>>> belief/anticipation concerning a possible reality.
>>>

>>> Thagard's 10 hypotheses:
>>>
>>> 1. Consciousness has always existed, because God is conscious and
>>> eternal.
>>>

>>> Consciousness has always existed, because all universal machine/number
>>> are conscious and “eternal” (out of time).
>>>
>>> Is God conscious? Open problem.
>>>

>>> 2. Consciousness began when the universe formed, around 13.7 billion
>>> years ago.
>>>

>>> This cannot be. But the event “13 billion years ago” and many variants
>>> occurs "all the time” (or all the number-of-step of all universal
>>> dovetailing) in the arithmetical reality.
>>>
>>> Those are important events in our history, but the consciousness which
>>> does the history selection was there “before”.
>>>

>>> 3. Consciousness began with single-celled life, around 3.7 billion years
>>> ago (Reber).
>>>

>>> Not really, but the consciousness of the universal machine get a
>>> physical stable implementations, apparently relatively to us. We get many
>>> universal entities capable of interacting with a solid notion of resources.
>>>

>>> 4. Consciousness began with multicellular plants, around 850 million
>>> years ago.
>>>

>>> In our histories, which “tautologically” are those semantical statifying
>>> the logic of the material modes of self-reference, which seems the case
>>> thanks to the quantum and Gödel (which enforces the distinction between []p
>>> and []p & <>t in the provable part of the machine in arithmetic.
>>>
>>> Again, important events in our history, but consciousness was “there
>>> before”.

> [...]
I have never believed in anything but what is taught today in Mrs. Taylor's
6th grade science class.

Everything is Matter
<https://taylorsciencegeeks.weebly.com/blog/everything-is-matter>

2/5/2019

13 Comments
<https://taylorsciencegeeks.weebly.com/blog/everything-is-matter#comments>

Matter is everything that we can see, smell, touch, feel and even can't
see.  Everything is matter, there isn't anything that isn't matter.
Mrs. Taylor's 6th Grade Science and Social Studies Blog
https://taylorsciencegeeks.weebly.com/blog/everything-is-matter

In terms of research domains, I would find it odd to find someone in *materials
science*

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materials_science

not to believe in matter.

- pt