On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 1:03:16 AM UTC-7, Brent wrote:

> On 3/5/2019 10:02 PM, agrays...@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
>

> On Saturday, March 2, 2019 at 2:29:50 AM UTC-7, agrays...@gmail.com
> wrote:

>>> *That's what I thought you would say. But how does this advance
>>> Einstein's presumed project of finding how the laws of physics are
>>> invariant for accelerating frames? How did it morph into a theory of
>>> gravity? TIA, AG *
>>>

>> *Or suppose, using GR, that two frames are NOT within the same local
>> patch.  If we can't use the LT, how can we transform from one frame to the
>> other? TIA, AG *
>>
>> *Or suppose we have two arbitrary accelerating frames, again NOT within
>> the same local patch, is it true that Maxwell's Equations are covariant
>> under some transformation, and what is that transformation? TIA, AG*
>>

> *I think I can simplify my issue here, if indeed there is an issue: did
> Einstein, or anyone, ever prove what I will call the General Principle of
> Relativity, namely that the laws of physics are invariant for accelerating
> frames? If the answer is affirmative, is there a transformation equation
> for Maxwell's Equations which leaves them unchanged for arbitrary
> accelerating frames? TIA, AG *
>

> Your question isn't clear.  If you're simply asking about the equations
> describing physics* as expressed* in an accelerating (e.g. rotating)
> reference frame, that's pretty trivial.  You write the equations in
> whatever reference frame is convenient (usually an inertial one) and then
> transform the coordinates to the accelerated frame coordinates.   But if
> you're asking about what equations describe some physical system while it
> is being accelerated as compared to it not being accelerated, that's more
> complicated.

*Thanks, but I wasn't referring to either of those cases; rather, the case
of transforming from one accelerating frame to another accelerating frame,
and whether the laws of physics are invariant. Here the "laws" could be ME
or Mechanics. It seem as if GR is a special case for gravity, but I was
asking whether invariance, or covariance, has been generally established.
Also, if the LT works locally in GR, how do we transform between non-local
frames? TIA, AG*