On Friday, July 5, 2019 at 12:24:46 PM UTC+2, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> On 4 Jul 2019, at 17:06, Quentin Anciaux <allc...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> Do as you wish, if it makes you feel better... I don't think insulting is
> useful, and a list like this one should be free of it, but instead here
> disagreement is always followed with insults. It's just sad.
>

> Yes, it is sad. Insults, dismissive tone, semantic word play, … all that
> are tools for forgetting ideas and reasoning.
>

> Bruno
>
> "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds
> discuss people."
> -- Eleanor Roosevelt

My posts are not fueled by assuming evidence I don't have. They don't
proclaim the advent of the "correct attitude towards fundamental
questions", while abusing the list to police such instead of discussing
ensemble theories - plural.

Folks here receive the usual constant barrage of cheap rhetorical tricks
e.g. attempting to situate everybody's posts within platonic idealistic
discourses. That is not only insulting, it takes the form of possible
ideological manipulation in the repetitive manner with which it is applied.
No scientific discourse does that. You're open to accusations of
engineering followers, particularly the more you post the same old song.

Brent is right: dictators, manipulators, charlatans, pathological liars
etc. have a problem with analytical approaches to discourse, satire etc.
Great minds you want to lecture us about? Somebody should insult you for
the arrogance of assuming list members to be such innocent fools. Please
manipulate us with a bit more finesse. PGC