On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 2:41:26 PM UTC-6, Brent wrote:

> On 9/16/2019 6:07 AM, Alan Grayson wrote:
> > My take on AI; it's no more dangerous than present day computers,
> > because it has no WILL, and can only do what it's told to do. I
> > suppose it could be told to do bad things, and if it has inherent
> > defenses, it can't be stopped, like Gort in The Day the Earth Stood
> > Still. AG
>
> The danger is not so much in AI being told to do bad things, but that in
> doing the good things it was told to do it uses unforseen methods that
> have disasterous consequences.  It's like Henry Ford was told to invent
> fast, convenient personal transportation...and created traffic jams and
> global warming.
>
> Brent

One could expect military applications, such as robots replacing human
infantry, their job to kill the enemy. So if their programming had a flaw,
accidental or intentional, these AI infantry could start killing
indiscriminately.
It would be hard to stop them since they'd come with self defense
functions. AG