Well... maybe when you are a 50 years old scientist, you can say that, but
this is not the spirit in which science is teached to children or
popularized to laymen. The spirit of science popularization is that it
gives us the truth, and we should obey or die. If scientists are such moral
people, then why they don't tell to their students in the first class of
their course that they will only present to them a model ? Instead, they
jump right in: "Space is such-and-such, time is such-and-such.". I never
heard any professor of mine telling us that they are only presenting us
models.