*Stochastic Metric Space and Quantum Mechanics*
Yoshimasa Kurihara
(Submitted on 13 Dec 2016 (v1), last revised 22 Dec 2017 (this version, v5))
https://arxiv.org/abs/1612.04228

A new idea for the quantization of dynamic systems, as well as space time
itself, using a stochastic metric is proposed. The quantum mechanics of a
mass point is constructed on a space time manifold using a stochastic
metric. A stochastic metric space is, in brief, a metric space whose metric
tensor is given stochastically according to some appropriate distribution
function. A mathematically consistent model of a space time manifold
equipping a stochastic metric is proposed in this report. The quantum
theory in the local Minkowski space can be recognized as a classical theory
on the stochastic Lorentz-metric-space. A stochastic calculus on the
space-time manifold is performed using white noise functional analysis. A
path-integral quantization is introduced as a stochastic integration of a
function of the action integral, and it is shown that path-integrals on the
stochastic metric space are mathematically well-defined for large variety
of potential functions. The Newton--Nelson equation of motion can also be
obtained from the Newtonian equation of motion on the stochastic metric
space. It is also shown that the commutation relation required under the
canonical quantization is consistent with the stochastic quantization
introduced in this report.

The quantum effects of general relativity are also analyzed through natural
use of the stochastic metrics. Some example of quantum effects on the
universe is discussed.

*Stochastic path integrals can be derived like quantum mechanical path
integrals*
*John J. Vastola, William R. Holmes*
(Submitted on 28 Sep 2019)
https://arxiv.org/abs/1909.12990

Stochastic mechanics---the study of classical stochastic systems governed
by things like master equations and Fokker-Planck equations---exhibits
striking mathematical parallels to quantum mechanics. In this article, we
make those parallels more transparent by presenting a quantum
mechanics-like formalism for deriving a path integral description of
systems described by stochastic differential equations. Our formalism
expediently recovers the usual path integrals (the
Martin-Siggia-Rose-Janssen-De Dominicis and Onsager-Machlup forms) and is
flexible enough to account for different variable domains (e.g. real line
versus compact interval), stochastic interpretations, arbitrary numbers of
variables, explicit time-dependence, dimensionful control parameters, and
more. We discuss the implications of our formalism for stochastic biology.

ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stochastic_quantum_mechanics

@philipthrift