On Friday, November 29, 2019 at 2:49:17 PM UTC-6, Lawrence Crowell wrote:

> On Friday, November 29, 2019 at 12:33:26 PM UTC-6, Philip Thrift wrote:
>>

>> In any case, in the case of MWI, in the types of examples Sean Carroll
>> talks about, here's a concrete case:
>>
>> *In one branch, Sean Carroll goes out for a jog around the park.*
>>
>> *In another branch, Sean Carroll; stays home and takes a nap.*
>>
>> I don't see how the two Seans (running, napping) are in "superposition",
>> or how Sean's energy is distributed to and within these two worlds.
>>
>> @philipthrift
>>

> It really is not so much that a person is in a superposition than the
> quantum particles and states that compose them are.
>
> LC

In the MWI branch world Jog where Sean is jogging and in the branch world
Nap where Sean is napping, the jogging-Sean particles in Jog and the
napping-Sean particles in Nap are in superposition.

Then there is another branching of Jog where Sean is hit by a car
Jog-HitByCar and one where he isn't Jog-NotHitByCar. Particles in
superpositions: Nap, Jog, Jog-HitByCar, Jog-NotHitByCar, ...

This seems like it should make no sense.

@philipthrift