On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 5:10:54 AM UTC-6, Lawrence Crowell wrote:

> Quantum physics has complementaries that are both deterministic and
> nondeterministic. As a system of wave mechanics it is completely
> deterministic. However, the Fourier components are amplitudes that in polar
> form define probabilties for outcomes that occur by stochastic means. So
> how one frames QM, either deterministic or nondeterministic, is up to the
> choice of the analyst or how one performs an experiment or interprets the
> outcomes of an experiment.
>
> LC

Q: "So when you say that probability doesn’t exist, you mean that objective
probability doesn’t exist."

A: "Right, it doesn’t exist as something out in the world without a
gambling agent."
-- Christopher Fuchs [
https://quantamagazine.org/quantum-bayesianism-explained-by-its-founder-20150604/

]

So there are those who think probabilities don't exist as
fundamental, unreducible, objective physical entities out in the world
having nothing to do with us, and those that do. I think the former is a
kind of religious pining (as William James said).

@philipthrift