On Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 4:38:56 AM UTC-6, Lawrence Crowell wrote:

> I am not thinking of this. In fact this idea seems completely wrong
> headed. It might have been that people would have tried to capture QM by
> imposing stochastic Wiener processes and the like.
>
> LC

There is a connection between

"The subject [of path integration in stochastic processes] began with the
work of *Wiener *during the 1920's, corresponding to a sum over random
trajectories, *anticipating by two decades Feynman's famous work* on the
path integral representation of quantum mechanics."
(Path Integrals for Stochastic Processes: An Introduction, Horacio S. Wio)

and the

"Path integral on the SLM[stochastic Lorentz metric]-space"
(Stochastic metric space and quantum mechanics, Yoshimasa Kurihara).

@philipthrift