From: John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Dec 24, 2019 10:36 am
Subject: Betelgeuse

It may mean nothing, it probably means nothing, but ... in the last 4 months
Betelgeuse has decreased in brightness, it is now the dimmest it's been in
recorded history, and a very rapid dimming is exactly what you'd expect to
happen just before a red supergiant goes supernova. When it does go supernova,
which it certainly will very soon (astronomically speaking), it will look like
nothing ever seen before, brighter than the full moon but with all the light
concentrated at a single point. And the TV preachers will have a field day.
John K Clark--
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv3R_E6uoVY1QqPpHdmi%2BuqgCsCw2mvDKDacnLazG2-9kQ%40mail.gmail.com.