On Sunday, February 16, 2020 at 5:49:38 AM UTC-7, Philip Thrift wrote:

> On Sunday, February 16, 2020 at 6:19:36 AM UTC-6, Alan Grayson wrote:

>>> There is one measurement M in world w, with two possible outcomes: O1
>>> and O2.
>>> There are not two measurements M1 and M2.
>>>
>>> Of the two worlds w-O1 and w-O2 post world w, one is not assigned "this"
>>> and the other assigned "that", They have equal status in MWI reality. One
>>> is not privileged over the other in any way.
>>>
>>> @philipthrift
>>>

>> This is hopeless. It's like you don't understand what I wrote, which is
>> pretty simple. AG
>>

> What you wrote has* nothing to do with MWI*. You created something
> different from MWI (in the Carroll sense).
> But's OK to have your own interpretation.
>
> It's *your own "interpretation"*, not MWI.  Publish it and call it
> something else.
>
> @philipthrift

I suppose I'm just following Tegmark; everything that CAN happen, MUST
happen.  So, when an observer measures UP (or DN) in THIS world, another
world comes into existence wherein an observer MUST measure DN (or UP).
>From this I get N or less worlds for N trials where the results of
measurements are binary, such as spin. Maybe not precisely MWI, but
definitely less stupid -- but still egregiously stupid. How could MWI be
remotely correctly if it alleges THIS world splits when it's never
observed? But now you say that for Everett there's no such thing as THIS
world. All this stuff, including Bruno's BS, is so profoundly dumb, I can't
believe we're even discussing it! Was it Brent on another thread who
claimed many physicists have become cultists? Whoever made that claim
qualifies for sanity. AG