> On 18 Feb 2020, at 11:55, Lawrence Crowell <goldenfieldquaterni...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> The preprint at 165 pages is a bit much to tackle right away. This does
> though indicate that quantum computing can work a subset of recursively
> enumerable languages
>
> LC
>
> On Monday, February 17, 2020 at 1:44:55 PM UTC-6, Philip Thrift wrote:
> Quantum computing, entanglement, and theorem provers
>
> "We show that the class MIP* of languages that can be decided by a classical
> verifier interacting with multiple all-powerful quantum provers sharing
> entanglement is equal to the class RE of recursively enumerable languages.”

What does that mean? All universal machine is “equal" to the Class of all RE
set. The main difference is that in the quantum case, the simulation can be
done in (unbounded) polynomial time and space, where with classical machine
some will need super-exponential time for some simulation.

The quantum universal machine does not compute more, nor less, than the Babbage
Machine (already Turing universal, although never completed as such).

The class MIP should be better defined, I think. “multiple all-powerful quantum
provers sharing entanglement” is a bit fuzzy too.

Bruno