On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 5:49 PM Alan Grayson <agrayson2...@gmail.com> wrote:

*>>> As the universe expands, galaxies move progressively faster away from
>>> us as described by Hubble's constant, which is a geometric effect as
>>> previously explained, and eventually wink out. Conversely, if we play the
>>> movie backward in time, all those galaxies which previously winked out,
>>> should come into view.*

> *> Then our interpretation of Hubble's constant is wrong. AG *

Nope, the Hubble constant has nothing to do with it. And by the way, with
the discovery of Dark Energy we now know that the Hubble "constant" is not
constant.

*> it's all expanding and that's why galaxies wink out. If you play the
> movie backward to the BB, they should all come in view, which contradicts
> infinite in spatial extent. AG *

No! If the universe started out being infinite then if you play the movie
backwards everything won't come back into view because everything was NEVER
in view. So for all we know the universe could be spatially flat or
positively curved or negatively curved.

John K Clark