On 5/23/2020 11:51 AM, smitra wrote:
My point is that identity is an intrinsic property of what something
is now. The history of the of the constituent particles have no affect
on the behaviors or operation of those particles. To say the history
is relevant to identity is to add an arbitrary extrinsic property
which can be of no physical relevance.

This is a direct consequence of QM, you can't distinguish two
electrons, from each other.
But they still have locations and histories, c.f. Griffiths consistent
histories interpretation of QM or Feynmann's path integral QM. When
electrons make spots on the film in an EPR experiment the electron
that made this spot is not identical with the electron that made that
spot in the sense of being the same electron.  And in any case I don't
see how the sameness of particles implies the sameness of complex
structures made of particles, i.e. persons.

Brent

Physics is local, all the relevant information to describe what I feel right now is contained in my brain at this exact moment. While this can all be explained in terms of information in the past, that doesn't take away from the fact that it is also present right here in my head. Also, not all the information was present in the past state due to effective collapse of the wavefunction. In general, I end up in a superposition of states which has the exact same information content as the past state. I then find myself in one of the possible components of such a superposition (in the computational basis states of the classical algorithm that my brain is running).

Saibal

In the MWI, there is never any increase in the total information. All evolution is unitary and reversible.  Local information appears because event horizons make correlations (negative information) inaccessible.