Quantum encryption or cryptography is a specialized niche. I am not sure
how a classical system can be robust against interlopers in the way a
quantum channel is, for such would results in a disruption of the wave
function. Maybe some clever use of a quantum eraser might get around this.

Quantum computing will at least for some time be a niche area. It might be
more generally applied, but computers will have an array of specialized
processors, say neural nets, quantum processors and others, which the main
CPU will access when needed. I suspect for some time the standard
Turing-von Neumann type processor will be at the hub,

LC