On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 7:59 PM Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *It has nothing to do with whether the world is deterministic or not: all
> that is involved is that there is some objective chance of this particular
> result*

If things are deterministic then there's no such thing as objective chance,
and probability would just be a measure of our degree of ignorance of
hidden causes.

>  *the chance that the Yankees will win is independent of what we happen
> to think about it.*

If Everett is right then there's a 100% chance the Yankees will win and a
100% chance the Yankees will lose because neither eventuality violates the
laws of physics.

John K Clark