> [...]
>
> On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 9:03 AM Lawrence Crowell
> <goldenfieldquaterni...@gmail.com <mailto:goldenfieldquaterni...@gmail.com>>
> wrote:
> On Friday, September 4, 2020 at 6:21:49 AM UTC-5 Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 7:49 PM Lawrence Crowell <goldenfield...@gmail.com <>>
> wrote:
> On Friday, September 4, 2020 at 1:54:34 AM UTC-5 Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 4:40 PM Quentin Anciaux <allc...@gmail.com <>> wrote:
> Le ven. 4 sept. 2020 à 00:01, 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
> <everyth...@googlegroups.com <>> a écrit :
> Sure.  But Albert's argument is that in a single, probabilistic world that
> implements Born's rule, the number of scientist who find something contrary
> to Born's rule goes to zero as the number of repetitions increases.  But in
> the multiverse there are always contrary worlds and, while their fraction
> decreases, their number increases with repetitions.
>
> That's an interpretation... because I think there is no increasing or
> decreasing of numbers of worlds.... there are an infinity of them always,
> similar / identical "world" differentiate but there is no increase or
> decrease, there is no meaningfull way of "counting"... The frequency is all
> there is.
>

> That does not detract from the fact that in Everett, the low probability
> worlds always occur with probability one. In other words, the theory is
> intrinsically self-contradictory -- incoherent.
>
> Bruce
>
> I am not so sure this is self-contradictory, but rather that with the
> renormalization of probability in each branched world there is a sort of
> catastrophe where for some oscillating probability amplitude there is one
> point where P = 0 or P = 1 and the branching has a discontinuity. Hence there
> is this interesting nonlocal property where an eigenbranch can occur
> continuously along the time parametrization or evolution of a wave function,
> but this is not continuous.  For extremely high frequency quantum states this
> has a sort of quantum Zeno phenomenology to it. At these break-points there
> is only one possible outcome and for a set of events corresponding to these
> there is no consistent Bayesian interpretation of them. In that sense there
> is something funny going on.
>

> You do talk a lot of nonsense, don't you, Lawrence.
>
> Bruce
>
> What is nonsense? All I am saying is when the probability for an amplitude is
> 0 or 1 there is no branching. So in general a quantum amplitude has a
> discrete set of branching evolutes separated by no branching points. What is
> wrong?
>

> Your comments are not relevant to the discussion, which was about probability
> in a branching scenario. If you predict that a certain branch will certainly
> exist, then you are assigning a probability equal to one to the possibility

The probability is one for the existence of the branch does not entail that I
will see, or feel to be in, that branch. This is again a case of obliterating
the 1P / 3P distinction.

> The trouble is that the Born rule assigns a probability of 1/2^N to the same
> branch. Hence the contradiction.

The Born rule assign 1/2^N before the experience, and 1 after (and 0 for all
other branches). But with Everett, that does not make the other branches
getting non existence, just non accessibility.

> If your theory gives two ways to predict the probability of a particular
> outcome, and these two calculations give different results, then your theory
> is inconsistent.

It is the 1p-3p confusion which leads to an inconsistency.

Bruno