> On 24 Sep 2020, at 13:20, Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It is interesting approach to fundamentally replace the underlaying language
> (logic) of physics.
>

> Topos Quantum Theory
> Christopher J. Isham
>

> https://fqxi.org/grants/large/awardees/view/__details/2006/isham
>

> One important feature of topos theory is that a proposition such as "the
> physical quantity A has a value in a certain range" need not be simply true
> or false: rather, there are more possibilities that are given by the
> intrinsic logic that is possessed by a topos.

That is all nice as long as you don’t confuse the language with what it is
supposed to talk about. Using a non boolean topos is risky in that regards, but
does make sense for the universal machine’s theory of qualia, including the
quanta. This is not a problem as we have independent reason to put the physical
reality in a first person (plural) realm, and the fundamental reality remains
an independent Boolean structure (be it arithmetic, or a boolean topos with a
"natural number object”).

Bruno