From: Alan Grayson <agrayson2...@gmail.com>
To: Everything List <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Oct 13, 2020 10:21 am
Subject: Re: Technology fiction versus science fiction (was Trump is on drugs)

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 3:35:03 AM UTC-6, Lawrence Crowell wrote:
On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 3:19:58 AM UTC-5 agrays...@gmail.com wrote:

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 1:54:01 AM UTC-6, John Clark wrote:
On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 1:06 AM Alan Grayson <agrays...@gmail.com> wrote:

> they're already here and you refuse to admit this as a possibility

Ah yes, your flying saucer people from Roswell New Mexico that look like
something for a grade B 1950s science-fiction movie.

You're just illustrating a bias, which has no place in a scientific discussion.
You have no idea what they might look like. But if they're here, they could
roughly have a form like us, in order to cope with the gravity level. IOW,
bipedal. AG

Never fear, Don-the-Con t'Rump has said he wants to give the UFO issue a
serious look. I am sure from an executive level this will have the same
scientific expertise he applied to the Covid pandemic.
LC

And the relevance of this comment is what? AG

> they haven't had enough time to visit us

Nonsense, they've had plenty of time.

The Earth has been around for about 4.2 billion years, and our technological
civilization has only been around for a few hundred years at best. So it takes
a really long time for this level of evolution to come into existence. If you
extend this to the galaxy as a whole, there might be very few intelligent
civilizations and they're likely very far apart. Generally, I agree with Brent
on this issue, and that our sampling is so far insignificant. AG

 John K Clark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/e704a460-1848-4ce8-b1f7-c850fd57f188o%40googlegroups.com.